Participants in this program consistently report feelings of
Resilience training with scientifically developed tools & techniques to bring your systems into alignment with the heart’s intuitive guidance.
The Coherence Breakthrough
Inner Balance is based on “the coherence breakthrough.” Coherence is a state of synchronization between your heart, brain and autonomic nervous system that has been proven to have numerous mental, emotional and physical benefits. You can think of coherence as a simultaneous state of relaxation, readiness and revitalization. Some refer to this as a balanced state of composure or poise. Coherence improves performance, health and emotional well-being.
HeartMath™ research has demonstrated that different patterns of heart activity (which accompany different emotional states) have distinct effects on cognitive and emotional function. During stress and negative emotions, when the heart rhythm pattern is erratic and disordered, the corresponding pattern of neural signals traveling from the heart to the brain inhibits higher cognitive functions. This limits our ability to think clearly, remember, learn, reason, and make effective decisions.
In contrast, the more ordered and stable pattern of the heart’s input to the brain during positive emotional states has the opposite effect – it facilitates cognitive function and reinforces positive feelings and emotional stability. This means that learning to generate increased heart rhythm coherence, by sustaining positive emotions, not only benefits the entire body, but also profoundly affects how we perceive, think, feel, and perform.
How the Biofeedback works
For in person sessions, I use an advanced heart-rate monitor that measures even subtle changes in your heart rhythms. This type of measurement is known as heart-rate variability (HRV) analysis. HRV analysis is a noninvasive measurement that reflects heart-brain interaction and autonomic nervous system dynamics, which are particularly sensitive to changes in your emotional state. It is not necessary to take part in the biofeedback to gain the benefits of the tools from this program. It is used as a visual aid to enhance your understanding of your own physiology. Client will also have the opportunity to purchase a mobile heart monitor to work with this technology on the go. Some clients find that using the technology is helpful and important to sustain their practice, while other clients prefer to focus on somatic awareness and find the technology distracting. As your coach, I work with your unique learning style to co-create a program that will most benefit you.
At the end of the program, it is expected that participants will be able to:
- Identify depleting stress reactions that affect their health, performance and well-being.
- Neutralize and replace stressful reactions that erode health and mental and emotional composure and resilience.
- Regain vitality by stopping energy drains.
- Increase their ability to think clearly and find more efficient solutions to problems.
- Incorporate HeartMath’s emWave technology into personal practice (optional).
- Observe and identify personal benefits gained from applying self-regulation skills.
- Increase their ability to sustain coherence and composure in challenging situations.
- Prep before potentially stressful or challenging situations.
- Increase awareness of and sensitivity to relational issues.
- Successfully reset by shifting their physiology and reestablishing coherence and composure after stress triggers or incidents.